Hello all,

In our network I've enabled IPv6 in dual-stack configuration.

Bacula-dir and Bacula-SD version 11.0.6, on Ubuntu 22.04

With Linux Clients everything works fine.

For Windows Clients (tested with 2016, 2019 and 2022 servers):
If I state Address in Client resource of Director as an IPv4 address,
everything works fine.
If I state Address in Client resource of Director as an IPv6 address (or DNS
name), communication with Client is stuck:

  *   Director establishes TCP connection to client (3-way TCP Handshake)
  *   Director sends a Hello packet
  *   Client does _not_ respond with "starttls" but simply TCP acknowledges
previous packet.

At this point the communication is stuck. Director waits forever, Client waits
forever.

Setting TLS enable = no has no effect.

Is this a bug or do I miss something? Firewalls are switched off for testing

Best regards,

Frank

My Client resource in Director configuration:

Client {
  Name = server05a-fd
  #Address = server05a.hidden.domain
  Address = 2001:hidden:hidden:101::2
  #Address = 192.168.1.2
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
 Password = "hidden"
  TLS enable = no   # has somehow no effect
}

My FileDaemon resource in bacula-fd.conf:

FileDaemon {
  Name = server05a-fd
  FDAddresses = {
    ipv4 = { addr=0.0.0.0; port = 9102; }
    ipv6 = { addr=:: ; port = 9102; }
  }                # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
  Pid Directory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
  Plugin Directory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\plugins"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
}