Hi all,

We are using disk based Bacula backup up. (9.4.4)

We want to archive older backups into a separate archive pool (with a long
retention time) with no associated job record in the catalog.
We are doing it by migrating current backup job to an archive pool, then do a
job purging from the archive volume.

Further we need to relabel the new archive volume with a specific name like
archive_2022.
We tried it using the relabel command. (relabel oldvolume=xxx volume=yyy )

Observations:

1.      In the catalog, it renames the old volume name to a new volume name ;
this is expected.

2.      However, on the storage side, the old disk volume got truncated to 254
bytes, all the contents were lost .

Expectation was that on the storage side also the old volume will get renamed
to a new volume with no loss of data.

Any comments?

Thanks
Yateen Bhagat