On 3/30/23 06:40, Chris Wilkinson wrote:
I have an old job that is no longer needed that is consuming some disk space that I'd like to recover. This storage for this job is on S3 cloud and the job has full/diff/incr pools associated.

The full backup pool/volumes of this job have a retention time of 365 days so would not normally get pruned out for another year almost. The incr/diff pool/volumes have a retention time of 7days/31days respectively.

I'd like to truncate these now, delete the job resources and rm the actual disk volumes, deleting all traces of the defunct job.

What would I need to do to truncate these out now?

I haven't been able to find bconsole commands that would do this. I tried the truncate command but the volumes status remains unchanged at full or used or append. Thanks for any suggestions.

Fundamentally:

purge jobs volume=...
delete volume=...

then rm the file.