Situation: debian10, bacula 9.4.2-2+deb10u1; some SD are using 'vchanger'
virtual changer script to manage backup on a set of RDX cartdrige.

All work as expected, with cartdrige change on friday morning, full backup
on friday evening and incremental subsequent days.

But sometimes, not everytime, if users forgot to change the cartdrige/media
on friday, we have seen (in bacula and vchager logs) that bacula try to
recycle volumes on subsequent media (and this is normal) BUT try to mount
it, even if they are NOT on slots, leading to media in state 'Error'.

vchager author say:
> When Bacula is looking for an available volume for a
> job, it at some point tries to make a volume available by recycling old
> volumes. If it is able to recycle a volume that the job can use, then it
> sees an available volume. When it sees the available volume, it tries to
> load it, even if that volume is not in a slot. When it fails to load, it
> causes an i/o error (file not found) and that causes Bacula to mark the
> volume in error. The problem is that Bacula should not ever try to load a
> volume that is not in a slot when reading/writing to an autochanger device.

This is a known bug? Or more probably, colud be a misconfiguration?

Thanks.

--
  Dai diamanti non nasce niente
  dal letame nascono i fior                             (F. De Andre`)