On 4/29/23 16:33, Chris Wilkinson wrote:
I am about to set up a NAS on a local lan as a storage device. The NAS offers
CIFS, NFS, (S)FTP, WEBDAV as supported
protocols. The NAS OS is pretty much locked down so there isn't really an
option to install anything additional. I know that
CIFS and NFS can be locally mounted but wonder if these any of these other
options could be used and whether they might offer
faster backups. Security is not a big concern as it will be on the local LAN
only.

Any advice/experience would be welcomed.

Chris Wilkinson

Hello Chris,

If the NAS/SAN does not offer iSCSI, then go with NFS.

I'd say save yourself the headaches associated with CIFS. :)

Best regards,
Bill

--
Bill Arlofski