Hello Ken,

This message comes directly from sudo and it means that you need to add
sudo rules in the system for specific program (bconsole, json tools or
Bacula component actions) depending on which the wizard step you are.

The easiest way to do that is to click on a link in the current wizard step
'Get sudo configuration'. Then you will see a window with the sudo
settings. You can copy the configuration to a newly created sudoers.d.
file, for example:

/etc/sudoers.d/bacularis

Please note that for sudo you need to keep the last line empty in the file.
Otherwise it will not work. Alternatively you can use visudo to add it.

Good luck.

Best regards,
Marcin Haba (gani)

On Mon, 29 May 2023 at 22:12, Ken Mandelberg <k...@mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> I get stuck configuring with the wizard with
>
> >Problem with connection to bconsole. Output=>sudo: a terminal is required
> to read the password; either use the -S >option to read from standard input
> or configure an askpass helper sudo: a password is required, Exitcode=>1
>
> Not clear to where the -S option should be set.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his
friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie za
przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus