On 7/15/23 06:13, Rich Fox wrote:
Hi All,

I have a couple of different tape changers that are used to run jobs in
parallel and all share the same media. I've discovered by accident that
if I put all of the media into a single pool, the media selection
algorithm won't take into account which changer a tape is loaded in and
will try to mount tapes from a different changer which causes problems.
A simple solution is to have one pool for each changer and update the
pool for a given media depending on which changer it gets loaded into.
This appears to work in practice but I was wondering if anybody knows
of any unintended issues that might arise from doing this on a routine
basis.

Thanks for any advice,
Rich.

Hello Rich,

Without seeing any configuration, my initial guess is that your different tape
changers (well, the Director Storage resources
and their associated changers' device resources) have the same media types.

This would (
might) explain what you are describing.

Can you show us some configurations for your Director Storage resources and
their related Autochanger and Device resources in
the SD(s)?

Best regards,
Bill

--