Hi, all.

In our environment all our desktops are online 24/7 so doing daily backups isn't a problem. However we are starting to add some laptops for portability to our environment, so couple of questions;

1) Is there any way to initiate a backup from the client/fd side?

Since a laptop isn't assured to be online when the director issues a job, it would mean a backup will fail.

So would it be possible to start a backup job on the client, "if 24 hours have passed since last successful backup, start new backup".

2) How to prevent Windows from falling asleep during a backup?

Thanks in advance,

Gilles Van Vlasselaer