Hello and sorry for the generic subject. My issue is as follows:

I have a centralized director which should be used to backup several setups with multiple clients/fds in a cloud environment. In those setups there is only one gateway/jumphost with a public ip, the actual clients/fds only have an address in an internal subnet and are reachable from outside via ssh-proxyjump from the gw/jumphost or via a loadbalancer.

So far the only solutions I have come up with are portforwardings on the gw eg. port 19102 gets forwarded to client1 port 9102, 29102 to client2 9102 and so on. This works but is kind of tedious with many clients.

I read something about client initiated backups using the tray monitor. I will look into that but scheduling backups on the clients/fds takes away one of the main advantages of bacula, which is the centralized scheduling.

Are there any further options that I might not have found or thought of?