On 1/18/24 12:24, Jamison Johnson wrote:
I hope this email finds you all well. I am currently using Bacula Community version 13.0.3 on RHEL9 and I receive email notifications for every job that runs as designed. Soon I will be backing up close to 50+ machines so to save my inbox, I would like an alternative method. I am seeking guidance on how to configure the Message section in bacula-dir. My goal is to receive a single email notification once all backups have completed for the night or, alternatively, receive a consolidated notification on a weekly basis.

I have reviewed the documentation, but I would appreciate your insights and recommendations on the specific configuration settings needed to achieve this. If there are any examples or best practices that you can share, it would be helpful.

Thank You,

Jamison Johnson

Principal Systems Administrator

Hello Jamison,

There is no way built into Bacula to do what you are asking about.

Please check out http://github.com/waa/baculabackupreport

It is an open-source, free Python script which I maintain.

When run daily from a cron job, I am pretty sure it does exactly what you want (and much, much more). There are some screenshots there too.

You can even run the script multiple times, pointing to different [sections] in the configuration file to send different types of reports to different people or groups of people.

Any and all comments and ideas are welcome.

Best regards,
Bill

--
Bill Arlofski