Hi guys

I am new to bacula and trying to figure it out and testing atm

I have it installed on a RHEL9 server with clients on 2 windows computer ( one server, one win7 client) and trying to set up backups both via VSS and indiviual file/folders to disk(mainly a NAS and shares)

Only problem is i am having trouble finding any guides or resources handling this, almost everything i have found s far is backup of Linux machines and concentrated on Tapes/autochangers etc I would appreciate any pointers towards relevant material or if anyone has any exple configuration files(dir, fd, sd conf files etc)

Also, is there anyone who has experience of long term back up with bacula?? How easy is it to archive backups/data for several years?? How easy is it to access such archives?? Do you need teh records to be in the database for such archives?? Can they be accessed even if something happens to database??

Regards /Mehrdad