I, for one, have had great luck with Midwest Technical Services. You might give them a try (if they are still in business!) This is the contact I have for them:

ka...@mwtss.com

It has been a bit of time since I have used them, but they were excellent and responsive.

Alan

On 8/1/24 22:17, B. Smith wrote:
Good point! USA, specifically the DC/MD/VA area. I'm willing to ship it somewhere if necessary... I can't seem to find any place local.

On Thu, Aug 1, 2024, 9:47 PM Gary R. Schmidt <g...@mcleod-schmidt.id.au> wrote:

    On 02/08/2024 04:14, B. Smith wrote:
    > I know this isn't directly Bacula related, but there aren't too
    many
    > resources on the internet that I know of for tape drive enthusiasts.
    > I have an HPE 1/8 G2 Autoloader with an HPE LTO-8 30750 drive.
    Recently,
    > when attempting to load tapes, it would keep reading for a very
    long
    > time (probably to the end of the tape). The support ticket
    generated by
    > the RMI stated "may be having problems finding servo code after
    > a cartridge." After upgrading the firmware to P381 (I don't have
    the
    > very latest as it is behind a paywall), the autoloader now
    reports "HE:
    > drive broken: needs repair Code: F3 01" and the drive status is
    > "Exception F3 50 -  Error."
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendations for a tape drive repair
    company?

    Country??  State/Canton/Shire?? City???

    Not much use pointing you at someone in Canberra.  :-)

            Cheers,
                    Gary    B-)