Andrew Keen bemüht sich redlich, der meist gehasste (oder belachte) Autor des Netzes zu werden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Keen

Am 31.08.2007 um 08:08 schrieb Andrew Keen:
Hi everyone -

Finally I've been fingered. "You Sir," A finger-pointing Stephen Colbert nailed me on his Colbert Report earlier this month, "you're just an elitist, Sir." But I fingered him back -- getting the champion of the "internets" to publicly confess his online naughtiness habit and his support of the Viacom suit against YouTube.

Stephen Colbert wasn't the only mainstream media journalist to claim I'm an elitist. "Etes-vous Elitiste?" I was asked by Les Echos, the French version of the Financial Times. Emily Bell suggested something similar in a walloping debate on Guardian Unlimited. But it's the French who really seem to get CULT. I've even been christened "l'Antéchrist de la Silicon Valley" by Liberation, the French leftist daily. If right and left wing French media are both accusing me of being an elitist, then I really must be doing something right.

In real life, of course, I'm neither un elitiste nor l'antichrist. Want proof? Come and hear me talk in September. I'll be in England and Germany in the first half of the month, then Canada and Holland in the last week. I hope you'll be around to catch me in the flesh and get me to sign a copy of CULT. The schedule is below:

09/04 Royal Society for the Arts, London (6.00 pm)
09/05 Toward a Social Science of Web 2.0, University of York (6.00 pm) -- in debate with Charles Leadbeater 09/06 Frontline Club, London (7.30 pm) -- introduced by Richard Sambrooke, director of BBC's Global News
09/07 IJP Alumni Conference, Bonn (noon)
09/07 Watershed Media Center, 25th Anniversary Celebration, Bristol (7.00 pm)
09/20 J. Walter Thompson's Digital Forum, New York City (3.00 pm)
09/24 Vidfest, Vancouver (10.20 am)
09/27 Crossmedia Picnic, Amsterdam (10.30 am) -- in debate with David Weinberger

Really hope to see you at one of these events.

v.best,

 l'Antéchrist de la Silicon Valley

Be sure to add [EMAIL PROTECTED] to your address book or safe senders list to ensure future email deliveries.