When you grab a cold beverage out of the cooler this summer, what is really going on between your brain, your eyes and your hands? "It is still a mystery, really," says UBC computer science professor Prof. Dinesh Pai. "No one has ever completely mapped out the processes at the level of specific neurons, muscles and tendons."

Pai is part of a UBC team leading an international initiative to do just that. "Essentially, we are reverse engineering the brain to produce the first working computational model of the complex interplay between our minds and our bodies."

<http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080612080431.htm>Link

--
Posted By johannes to <http://www.monochrom.at/english/2008/06/reverse-engineering-brain-to-model-mind.htm>monochrom at 6/14/2008 12:43:00 PM

Antwort per Email an