Von: "Franz Ablinger" <f...@monochrom.at>
An: BAGASCH@LISTS.MONOCHROM.AT
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. April 2010 15:19:57
Betreff: [monochrom] Why I won't buy an iPad.

A message from Cory Doctorows desk - really worth reading.

"I was a comic-book kid, and I'm a comic-book grownup, and the thing that made
comics for me was sharing them. If there was ever a medium that relied on kids
swapping their purchases around to build an audience, it was comics. And the
used market for comics! It was -- and is -- huge, and vital. [...] They take
away the right to give, sell or loan your comics. What an improvement. Way to
take the joyous, marvellous sharing and bonding experience of comic reading and
turn it into a passive, lonely undertaking that isolates, rather than unites.
Nice one, Misney."

How did we get to the point where a product like an iWhatever including the
surrounding tight coupled online stores is considered being the best marketing
idea ever? I doubt that the iPad will have the same app store impact as the
iPhone - I would use it as a quick and easy terminal for web reading only. The
real problem of web pages is: You can't really read them in bed. And thats the
problem the iPad solves.

   fra

link:
http://tinyurl.com/ybuqc7g (BoingBoing)