"Fourth, most firing squads consist of 5 to 8 soldiers.  No military
commander is going to waste that much powder and bullet for the execution
of a single convict, regardless of the rank of the prisoner. . . . "

Hello Ahang,

I was just reading The Dawn-Breakers, so it's fresh in my mind, and based on the conditions of the bodies (as described below) it is probable that all 750 men fired.  Depending on the skill of the marksman and the quality of the rifles it wouldn't have been that difficult for most of them to hit their targets (even I, a relative novice with a rifle, can group shots in a 12" diameter at 100 yards).  I wonder it the sketch of the bodies mentioned is still in existence?

Patti

"Contrariwise to the previous occasion, when only the cord with which they were suspended had been shot into pieces, this time their bodies were shattered and were blended into one mass of mingled flesh and bone.[1] “Had you believed in Me, O wayward generation,” were the last words of the Báb to the gazing multitude as the regiment was preparing to fire the final volley, “every one of you would have followed the example of this youth, who stood in rank above most of you, and willingly would have sacrificed himself in My path. The day will come when you will have recognized Me; that day I shall have ceased to be with you.”[2]
[1 According to “A Traveller’s Narrative” (p. 45), “the breasts [of the victims] were riddled and their limbs were completely dissected, except their faces, which were but little marred.”]

 (Shoghi Effendi, The Dawn-Breakers, p. 514)

"I have heard Haji Ali-’Askar relate the following: “An official of the Russian consulate, to whom I was related, showed me that same sketch on the very day it was drawn. It was such a faithful portrait of the Báb that I looked upon! No bullet had struck His forehead, His cheeks, or His lips. I gazed upon a smile which seemed to be still lingering upon His countenance. His body, however, had been severely mutilated. I could recognize the arms and head of His companion, who seemed to be holding Him in his embrace.”

 (Shoghi Effendi, The Dawn-Breakers, p. 518)