Patti,

At 06:16 PM 5/24/2004, you wrote:
>>In placing the work in the fiction category, one probably has a bit of skepticism
>>regarding people speaking from the next world (and I usually do--although speaking
>>as a scientist I have had inexplicable things happenn  me-- so sometimes I have to
>>be willing to suspend my disbelief).<<

I am also extremely skeptical regarding spiritism (spiritualist) mediumship,
channeling, etc. The premillennialist Christian doctrine of the rapture, or
translation, of the church was first developed by Margaret McDonald, a teenage
Scottish spiritist medium.

However, I think it is important to understand that Wellesley Tudor Pole did set out
to write fiction work. His book lacks some of the drama of Oahspe, the Urantia Book,
and other channeled works of his period, but the likely intent, to give supernatural
mandate to one's own belief system, is substantially the same.

Mark A. Foster * http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger"
-- Mark Twain and Abbie Hoffman