I wonder if there is any guidance in the Writings on what parents are supposed to do with their children in regards to media like TV that has violence or sexual material in it. What should children be restricted from seeing, and how should the standards be relaxed as they get older? I have two parents who have very different standards. One of my parents doesn't like me seeing M rated movies, so there's almost no movies that she'd be happy with me seeing. Me seeing even minor violence bothers her. I don't think that she worries I'll be influenced by it, just that it's her view that Baha'is shouldn't watch that stuff. My other parent is far more lenient. I'm just wondering who might be correct here in what is 'proper' for an adult Baha'i to do.

Regards,
David

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]