Dear Khazeh,

Could you provide that long French passage in English? Or maybe
provide a reference I could look up online?

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:02:23 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilberto:
> **Yes. But I think we've gone over this. Yes, Bahá'ís say the Quran is the
> word of God. Yes Bahá'ís say Muhammad is a Manifestation. Yes, Bahá'ís
even
> say that the imams are similar to the manifestations in certain respects.
> But Bahá'ís also say that the leaders of the Muslims (among other
> communities) are foolish men who follow their own whims and desires and in
> whose hearts the lamps of reason and conscience have been quenched. Yes,
> Bahá'ís say some good things about Islam and some bad things about
Muslims.
> One doesn't erase the other. They just make the picture more complex.**
>
> 1] OK Dear Gilberto
> Please Please let us go gently on this terrain. The Passage in the Iqan
has
> a specific context. The Maternal uncle of the Bab [Siyyid Muhammad] had
come
> to Karbalaa and Baghdad [of course wondering why his Great Nephew had been
> imprisoned, castigated, bastinadoed, and suspended and martyred before 750
> soldiers only 12 years previously. So His holiness Baha'u'llah is saying
the
> Book is from God, sacrosanct but the deeds of SOME are contrary to certain
> whims.

So could you me help to see your perspective on the passage by
actually pointing to which particular words in the passage indicate
that only some of the leaders are intended?

Dear dear Gilberto

I shall provide the English translation of the Passage of the Master
praising the good and noble divines.

The French translation is very similar to a Passage from the Writings which
is recorded in the Promised Day is Come and I will append that so that you
will see dear Gilberto most clearly the difference [ie the difference
between a divine who guideth his people from other wise

Thank you again for staying with me [with us] in our mutual discussion.

In the Holy Qur'an God says that even if a bad man brings a NEWS investigate
it, find out about it, sort it out. And you are doing this in a noble
erudite way.

****
Nor should it be thought for a moment that the followers of Baha'u'llah
either seek to degrade or even belittle the rank of the world's religious
leaders, whether Christian, Muslim, or of any other denomination, should
their conduct conform to their professions, and be worthy of the position
they occupy.  "THOSE DIVINES," BAHA'U'LLAH HAS AFFIRMED, "...WHO ARE TRULY
ADORNED WITH THE ORNAMENT OF KNOWLEDGE AND OF A GOODLY CHARACTER ARE,
VERILY, AS A HEAD TO THE BODY OF THE WORLD, AND AS EYES TO THE NATIONS.  THE
GUIDANCE OF MEN HATH, AT ALL TIMES, BEEN AND IS DEPENDENT UPON THESE BLESSED
SOULS."  And again:  "The divine whose conduct is upright, and the sage who
is just, are as the spirit unto the body of the world.  Well is it with that
divine whose head is attired with the crown of justice, and whose temple is
adorned with the ornament of equity."  And yet again:  "The divine who hath
seized and quaffed the most holy Wine, in the name of the sovereign
Ordainer, is as an eye unto the world.  Well is it with them who obey him,
and call him to remembrance." "Great is the blessedness of that divine," He,
in another connection, has written, "that hath not allowed knowledge to
become a veil between him and the One Who is the Object of all knowledge,
and who, when the Self-Subsisting appeared, hath turned with a beaming face
towards Him.  He, in truth, is numbered with the learned.  The inmates of
Paradise seek the blessing of his breath, and his lamp sheddeth its radiance
over all who are in heaven and on earth.  He, verily, is numbered with the
inheritors of the Prophets.  He that beholdeth him hath, verily, beheld the
True One, and he that turneth towards him hath, verily, turned towards God,
the Almighty, the All-Wise."  "Respect ye the divines amongst you," is His
exhortation, "They whose acts conform to the knowledge they possess, who
observe the statutes of God, and decree the things God hath decreed in the
Book.  Know ye that they are the lamps of guidance betwixt earth and heaven.
They that have no consideration for the position and merit of the divines
amongst them have, verily, altered the bounty of God vouchsafed unto them."
        (Shoghi Effendi:  The Promised Day is Come, Pages: 110-111)

Do you see how fair how balanced the Writings are.

Keep investigating this NEWS the way you are. I swear this is the only way
forward and I too will look at your replies with a repeated gaze with
respect.
Khazeh
****049.006
YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with Any News,
ascertain the truth, lest ye harm people unwittingly, and afterwards become
full of repentance for what ye have done.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! If an evil-liver bring you TIDINGS, verify it,
lest ye smite some folk in ignorance and afterward repent of what ye did.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! if an evil-doer comes to you with A REPORT, look
carefully into it, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then be sorry for
what you have done.

Transliterated Arabic Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo in jaakum fasiqun
binaba-in fatabayyanoo an tuseeboo qawman bijahalatin fatusbihoo AAala ma
faAAaltum nadimeena

And what greater NEWS/REPORT/TIDINGS than the Tidings of the Advent of the
Bab and Baha'u'llah...
Surely for everything there is an all-comprehending wisdom, especially for
the great and important affairs of life.  The supreme and most important
happening in the human world is the Manifestation of God and the descent of
the law of God.
        (`Abdu'l-Baha:  Promulgation of Universal Peace*, Page: 442)