"hen I'll just say that personally it comes off is really
insulting,"

Dear Gilberto,

I'm sure the Jews find that statement in the Qur'an insulting as well. In
fact, I know they do.

When I was about seventeen. I took a class on world scriptures in college
and had been asked to lead a weekly discussion group on the
Qur'an. I worked hard in that group to dissipate all of the prejudice
which surrounded people's perceptions of Islam. It so happen that a
panel on religious dialogue came to the university, made up of a
Christian, a Jew and a Muslim. The Jew and the Christian were
both fairly liberal but the Muslim proved to be so rigid-minded that
he threatened to undo everything positive I had attempted to convey
to my students. But I kept silent until this Muslim went on to say
that Islam was now the perfect religion and there would be no
prophets after him. I rose my hand at that point and asked, "Aren't
you saying that the Hand of God is tied up?" The Jew on the panel about
swallowed his cigar. He got up excitedly and yelled, "That's right, that's
right. We Jews don't say the Hand of God is tied up,
Muslims say this!"

"especially when Bahais make not dissimilar claims about
what kinds of people God will or won't send in the future."

I don't recall us saying anything about what 'kinds of people' God will
send. Baha'u'llah did say something about when She could appear however. ;-}

warmest, Susan