> The other thing I wanted to add to this is that just as Bahais argue
> that "seal of the prophets" means something different from "last
> prophet" that "the word of God has no end" can also mean something
> different from "prophets will keep coming over and over like the
> Bahais say".
>
> Some reasonable possibilities to consider would be:
>

> 1. "the word of god" could specifically refer to the Quran and so it
> could mean that the Quran's validity and last forever and never be
> abrogated by another.

Gilberto:

Here is another old one that I started to answer, but left in my "drafts"
folder.

>From the Gospel of John:

1:1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made
by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was
life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness;
and the darkness comprehended it not."

I could go into this a lot deeper, but due to lack of time I'll post a link
to an old message I posted here that includes, among other things, thoughts
on light, darkness & the Cave.
http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist/m35262.html  Specifically, look at
Sura 18 and note that the ones in the cave who are at the "right" at the
beginning of the "day" (i.e. 1000 years) end up at the "left" at the end of
the day (resonating with Christ's judgment & separation of people to His
"left" and "right" hand).

Patti