In a message dated 1/15/2005 12:32:26 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
As far as
souls go, I do remember a long time ago that I read a blurb about
paranormal researchers weighing bodies at the moment of death and they
found that there tended to be a small but measurable weight loss. I
don't want to seriously persue this as a line of argument because way
too many distracting issues come up. I wouldn't want to defend
parapsychology in general but there is enough there for me to be
willing to imagine how the existence of souls might be defined in a
meaningful falsifiable way.
Its an interesting question. I feel that they neglected to consider the weight of that final bit of air in the lungs that muscle tone tends to retain between breaths - no more muscle tone - las t bit of breath escapes, tiny bit of weight is lost.

Baha`i's are told that the soul is not IN the body mut instead is attached to it in a way that we do not understand.