On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:46:17 -0800 (PST), JS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gilberto:
> As far as I can tell, this whole thing started because I was drawing a
> distinction between Christianity and Islam and Bahais seem to be
> refusing to recognize that difference.

> J:  But there are parallels and similarities.  The whole point is,
> Christians reject the Qur'an because Jesus has the last word on
> everything...

John 16
[12] "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
[13] When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the
truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he
hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to
come.

> Similarly, Muslims
> reject Baha'u'llah (not all, many have become Baha'is) because the Qur'an
> has the last word on everything, and they will reject anyone until the world
> ends somehow.
>
> Gilberto:
> There is no clear statement from the Christian side which says no more
> prophets are coming and no more books. And within many different
> Christian groups the idea that the Holy Spirit still communicates with
> people and God gives specific messages to believers is much much more
> prominent than in Islam.

> J:  Stop for a second.  Within Islam, there are those who accept Books after
> Islam.

Gilberto:
You stop. You've been arguing with me that this doesn't happen.

JS:
How do you think Baha'is and Babis came about.

Gilberto:
Even  Bahais specifically say they are an independent religion and
that the shariah has been abrogated. Babis and Bahais aren't Muslim.
People convert from all kinds of religions, to all kinds of religions.

> G: Look. I don't think you (or most of the people who have been
> responding to me really understand what I'm trying to say. I've been
> trying to say it over and over again in different words to no avail.
> How about this. Why don't YOU tell ME in your own words, what YOU
> think I'm trying to say??
>

> J:  That is not my point.

Gilberto:
Well, it's my point. Do me a favor and try.

PEace