Hi Gilberto,

I think all Khazeh is doing is going through the Kitab-i-Iqan, doing a slow read of it, and relating the things Baha'u'llah says in the first two pages of the Kitab-i-Iqan to other Writings so that someone like me, for example, can see what exactly Baha'u'llah was talking about.

The words Baha'u'llah uses for "path" for example, is the same word, from what I just read, intentionally chosen by Baha'u'llah, as the same "path" or root arabic word for path, as what is used by the Muslim salaat prayers.

Someone like me reading the Iqan in English would never make that connection unless I knew Islam and Arabic in detail.

Gilberto Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Khazeh:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:01:57 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> We are still in the first page of this Great Book.
> In the Kitáb-i-Íqán itself, Bahá'u'lláh states that, "all the Scriptures,
> and the mysteries thereof are condensed into this brief account," (Íqán 237)
> and that it can unfold "all the allusions and the implications of the
> utterances of the Manifestations of Holiness" (Íqán 28).

Gilberto:
Is this something unique to the Kitab-i-Iqan? Or don't all the
revelations of God similarly condense the meanings of all the other
revelations from God?

Khazeh:

> Now it is interesting that in the Islamic Dispensation during the FIVE TIMES
> A DAY PRAYER [S.alaat] of Islam, a Moslem turns towards Mecca and says
> **** Ihdina alssirata almustaqeema***=
> 001.006
> YUSUFALI: Show us the straight way.
> PICKTHAL: Show us the straight path.
>
> Baha'u'llah in revealing His Mission/His Station/ His Revelation links this
> very word in the Moslem Prayer with His Mission.

[...]

> 1.1
> Glorified is He Who hath revealed His verses to those who understand.
> Glorified is He Who sendeth down His verses to those who perceive. Glorified
> is He Who guideth whomsoever He pleaseth unto His path. SAY: I, VERILY, AM
> THE PATH [s.iraat ] OF GOD unto all who are in the heavens and all who are
> on the earth; well is it with them that hasten thereunto!
> (Baha'u'llah, The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, p. 1)

Gilberto:
So are you saying that Bahaullah is THE way in a unique sense so that
following the sunnah of Muhammad (saaws) is NOT the way? Or are you
saying both are the way?

In the Bible, Jesus is made to say! "I am the way, the truth, and the
life. And no one comes to the father but through me". Bahaullah isn't
the only one who claimed to be the path.

An image that some people have of the different religions is that each
one is like a different path up the side of a mountain. But they all
meet at the same spot on the top. So at one level, some members of
each religion will try to pull others onto their path, because they
think their path is the best one, or maybe even the only one. But in
reality, their path isn't better than any of the others.

> At this time Islam was divided:
> Abdullah bin Amar (RA) relates that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him)
> said "Surely things will happen to my people as happened earlier to
> Israelites, they will resemble each other like one shoe in a pair resembles
> the other. Verily the Israelites were divided into 72 sections but my people
> will be divided into 73 sections.( Oth! er than Tirmidhi, Ibne Maja gives
> three independent narrations of the same hadith.

Gilberto:
Something I've noticed about the way communication happens is that
there is alot of cutting and pasting, and not much actual writing.
There are probably pragmatic reasons for that in terms of time. But I
think there are also perhaps other reasons. What is a little
unsettling is that these passages are thrown out, and you obviously
have some reason for picking them, or you have something you want
others (or me) to see. But you don't actually say what that is. So I
wish you could be more honest and candid about what you are trying to
say.

But speaking to the hadith you quoted, from my perspective the Bahai
faith has its own sects as well and it is still rather young so I'm
not certain what you are getting at.

__________________________________________________You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]