On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:10:16 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a message dated 12/25/2004 1:20:49 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> I think I would define "H.ikmat" a trifle differently in a Bahá'í reference.
> Perhaps Susan or Khazeh could offer a better definition?

Susan:
> Not promote or defend but sometimes to protect.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> What is the distinction you are making between "protecting" and "defending"?
> Dear Gilberto,

Susan:
> "Defending" could be nothing more than apologetics.

I could actually say the same about jihad then. There is a hadith
which states: ""The best jihad is speaking the truth to an unjust
ruler."

Susan:
> I'm talking about what
> could be life and death matters.

Gilberto:
> "And could "protecting" the faith include military action?"
>
> No.

Gilberto:
Now, what you are saying is sounding more confused.

Here's the clearest way I can think of "asking" the question: Which
specific actions (uses of force) were permitted by God under the
dispensation of Muhammad, but which are clearly, absolutely,
categorically prohibited under the dispensation of Bahaullah;
prohibited under "righteous warfare", prohibited under collective
security, prohibited even using "hikmat"?