Gilberto Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:53:13 -0800 (PST), Ahang Rabbani
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> Dear Rich,

> The payment of jizya continued until the time of Baha'u'llah. I don't have
> time now to get into the story of how this insidious tax

At various times depending on circumstances jizya was sometimes
collected and sometimes not. And again, if you are calling it an
insidious tax why would God EVER tell anyone to impose it?

JS:  Ahang, I think Gilberto as a good question...  Why would someone characterize it that way?  I am not pointing the finger at you, since I have seen different aspects of Islam characterized that way by different people and authors?  Is it

(a) that people normally leave off the reservation that it is insidious in our time and it was not insidious during the time of Muhammad,

or (b) it is insidious because the true Law of the Qur'an was supposed to be symbolic and never implemented, that jizya is actually a misinterpretation, by Muslims, of the Qur'an ?

Thanks &  Most Respectfully Ahang.  I have enjoyed your work ( that I have come across on the net ).  How did Baha'u'llah influence Nassir id Din Shah that is not in Balyuzi's book?????? Please tell us!