"Then you know they objected to the presentation of the Service of Women paper
at the New Zealand ABS and prohibited it's publication?"

I'm aware that you think so. I haven't seen anything in any message from any
Baha'i institution, that says so.

Dear Jim,

That is the story I got both from the authors of that article and  the person
who presented it (who by the way is now an ABM for Protection.) But if you
doubt this you might ask the House.

"Here is how the letter to the NZ LSA begins:

"We have been informed of a paper, presented at a recent New Zealand Bah'
Studies conference, which raises the possibility that the ineligibility of
women for membership on the Universal House of Justice may be a temporary
provision subject to change through a process of progressive unfoldment of the
divine purpose. We present the following points as a means of increasing the
friends' understanding of this established provision of the Order of Bah'u'llh
that membership of the Universal House of Justice is confined to men."

Is that what you mean by saying that they objected to the presentation of the
letter?"

I mean things like the fact that the Executive Committee was replaced because
of it and they sent out a Hand of the Cause to deal with the situation. And
Tony Lee received a letter telling him not to distribute that article any
further.

"I've seen you and some other people circulating a rumor that they prohibited
the publication and distribution of the letter. I see no reason to believe it."

Do you think I'm lying to you?

"Have you ever written to the House to ask about it?"

No reason. If the Counsellors, the ABMs, those serving on the Executive
Committee of the ABS and Tony Lee are all telling me the same, chances are it's
true.

"You asked me about this, in response to this, from one of my posts:

"Are you pointing to that letter, and that rumor, as reasons for thinking that
the House has tried to repress the topic of women on the Universal House of
Justice?"

I don't consider it a rumor. It's a historical fact for which I have several
eye-witnesses.

warmest, Susan