Well, regarding sectarianism in Islam: I guess it's the proverbial
half-empty versus half-full glass. As I see them, the divisions are deep,
significant and at times unbridgeable. You see the differences as
insignificant. For instance, on the issue of succession, you say that
Sunnis have a high regard for Shi`ah Imams. That might be true. But for
the Shi`ah, that's not enough. The Shi`ah belive that *only* the Imams
(and the Imams *only*) were the true and legitimate infallible successors
to the Prophet Muhmmad PBUH and that Abu-Bakr, Omar, and UthmAn were
usurpers of `Ali's rightful position. If Sunnis accept that, they have
defined themselves out of existence. Shi`ah also cannot accept Abu-Bakr,
Omar, and UthmAn as co-equals of `Ali either. If Shi`ah accept that, they
have defined themselves out of existence.

Regarding the Iraqi constitution, again, the stumbling blocks are not
restricted to ethinc issues only. The Shi`ah-Sunni tension is quite
obvious and quite severe. Just look at what happed on Wednesday. Why
would someone start such a rumour during the Shi`ah procession anyway?

Sufis can be Shi`ah or Sunni.

Regarding differences of opinion: sure there are differences of opinion
amongst Baha'is. The Baha'i Faith actually encourages differences of
opinion; it doesn't teach uniformity of thought and sameness. All the
differences of opinion are under the Covenant and they are promoted and
protected. `Abdu'l-Baha says that the sparkle of truth shines after the
clash of ideas. And that's the beauty of it and the strength of the Baha'i
community.

Regarding uniting the whole world under the banner of Islam: go for it.
Baha'is are interested in promoting peace, unity, fellowship, tranquility
and brotherhood amongst humanity. I have no problem with that if Muslims
can achieve it. Best wishes and best of luck.

Anyhow, since you say that your point was merely a suggestion and not a
question, then I'm not so sure if any further discussion will help
anyways. Seems that you had already made up your mind; so, if you have a
question, there can be further discussion. Otherwise we welcome your
comments and suggestions.

Iskandar

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Gilberto Simpson wrote:

> On 9/2/05, Iskandar Hai, M.D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I guess I understand now what your question is.
>
> More a suggestion than a question.
>

> Peace
>
> Gilberto

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.