Dear Tim,

A friend asked a similar question from the UHJ, and the following is the reply he received.
At the end of this, I quote a passage from Abdu'l-Baha regarding the Greatest Name.

regards, Firouz

Dear Baha'i Friend,

    In your email of 8 January 2000, you have raised the question of whether
it is necessary to use the phrase "Allah-u-Abha" when observing the law of
repeating the Greatest Name 95 times, or alternatively if the equivalent
translation in the language of an individual's choice could be used.  The
Universal House of Justice has considered your query, and we have been asked
to convey the following.

    In the Long Obligatory Prayer when the worshipper is required to use the
Most Great Name, and in the Prayer for the Dead when the Most Great Name is
repeated six times, the words to be used are "Allah-u-Abha" and not their
translation in the language or languages of our choice.  Similarly, for the
repetition of the Greatest Name 95 times a day, "Allah-u-Abha" should be
used.

    To assist you to deepen your knowledge of the significance of the
Greatest
Name, we are enclosing with the confirmatory copy of this email the
following
documents:
-  some pertinent extracts of letters written on behalf of the Guardian
-  a compilation of references to a derivative of the Greatest Name, "Ya
   Baha'u'l-Abha"
-  an article written by Hand of the Cause of God Abu'l-Qasim Faizi,
entitled
   "Explanation    of the Emblem of the Greatest Name", published in the
October
   1968 issue of the United States Baha'i News.
It is hoped that with time a deeper understanding of the Arabic phrase
"Allah-u-Abha" will be instilled within your heart.

                                    With loving Baha'i greetings,

                                    Department of the Secretariat

Enclosures 3 (with confirmatory copy)
---------------------------------

  The Greatest Name [Allah'u'Abha, which means
'God is Most Glorious'] should be found upon the lips
in the first awaking moment of early dawn. It should
be fed upon by constant use in daily invocation, in
trouble, under opposition, and should be the last word
breathed when the head rests upon the pillow at night.
It is the name of comfort, protection, happiness,
illumination, love and unity. "I hope that thou mayest
become informed of the concealed mystery and
recondite symbol of the stone of the Most Great
Name ... The use of the Greatest Name and dependence
upon it, cause the soul to strip itself of the husks of
mortality and to step forth freed, reborn, and new
creature..."

         `Abdu'l-Bahá, United States Supplement to
Bahá'í News No. 80 p. 2, October 1964

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.