Dear David:

The answer lies in: the Constitution of the Universal House of Justice, which is the "Most Great Law" of the Baha'i Faith, according to the Baha'i Teachings; and in the Sacred Writings of Baha'u'llah, and Abdu'l-Baha, and Shoghi Effendi, where the duties of the Universal House of Justice include charitable activities for the whole of humankind.

Best,
Barmak

Firouz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I heard that the House gave money towards tsunami relief. Does the House
>often give to charity? Can someone fill me in on this subject?
>
> Regards,
> David

Dear David,

As a Baha'i in Thailand, I can confirm that the Universal House of Justice
sent some money to our NSA to assist those affected in Tsunami. Our NSA and
many LSAs and individual Baha'is here also contributed towards this purpose
and then the whole amount was contributed to those affected in Tsunami
specially the children who lost their parents. I also heard from some Baha'i
friends in Indonesia and Sri Lanka that the House has also contributed to
those affected in those countries too.

Warm regards,
Firouz

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson Co! unty Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.