> Baha'u'llah wrote:
>
> The Four Gospels were written after Him [Christ]. John, Luke, Mark
> and
> Matthew - these four wrote after Christ what they remembered of
> His
> utterances.
>    (From a previously untranslated Tablet)
>
> This passage seems to say that all four of the Gospel writers were
> disciples
> and that the common attributions of authorship are correct.

Dear David,

The passage says nothing about them being disciples. Mark and Luke
were not discples, for instance. It's true that Baha'u'llah is not
challenging the common attribution of these Gospels, but I doubt if
that is even an issue for Him.

  The
> Gospels
> were written by disciples based on their memory of what Jesus
> said.

Again, you are inserting the word 'disciples' which is not in the
text. But we know Jesus' sayings were carried down orally before they
were written down. No scholar challenges this that I know of, except
those that want to deny Jesus' very existence.

warmest, Susan

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.