Ian Kluge wrote:
RE "The Trouble With Islam Today" by Irshad Manji, recommended by Albert:

I also highly recommend this book.

Manji asks the tough, unavoidable questions that need to be dealt with both
within contemporary Islam and outside of it. Her advantage is that she is a
Muslim who speaks from direct experience and not only from observation. I've
heard many of the same issues raised by my friend Nadia, a former Egyptian;
as a young and free-thinking Muslim woman, she corroborates Manji's account.

The book has been translated into over 20 languages at this time and has
earned her death-threats from inside the Canadian Muslim community. (That,
of course, simply reinforces one of her major points about today's Islam and
tolerance.)
Best wishes,

Ian Kluge
Thus, we see Islam has run it's course. The Mission of it's establishment was completed. It appears unconsciously to try to address issue for which it has no answers. It's interesting to me while following the links from her website and others that it is predominantly woman that are standing up and voicing the opposition, which by implication puts the man in the role of defending the mixture of tradition with modernity. Even if 3/4 of the Muslims in the world were to join these woman they would not find the answers in Islam. Maybe eventually Islam will take the route of Christianity and become a bit player in a secular society. That movement is already underway and will gather steam as the Mullahs in Iran are not delivering the historic beauty to society.

Regards,

Albert

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent
by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and
for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by
federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message
and any attachments thereto. Thank you.