Is "One" the name of a character in this book?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: Is it okay? . . . .

I thought it might help to actually quote from the text of the book:
"
“. . .Such agony and destruction puzzles One. One cannot understand why one segment of your society should wish to impose its will on the rest of your people, by manipulating them with violence and terror. A people subjugated will never be a Unity. So say the Prophets of One’s people, so say the Prophets of humanity as well. One expects the people of a place and time to strive to deal honestly with one another, being frank and above board about needs and desires so the people can find a path which harms none and welcomes all.”
A teacher from the mosque said, “But Muhammad, praise be upon Him, says if it had been God’s intent to make us all one people, He would have done so. Is a consensus of the people sufficient to do right?”
“One’s prophets say, One’s people were made divided in intent and desire so that One’s people would strive to achieve Unity, and win a place with the Creator in the next existence.” The Ahnal turned to Malcolm, “What is it your Prophet said about the unity of men?”
Malcolm knew this one by heart. “He said: `Know ye not why We created you all from the same dust? That no one should exalt himself over the other. Ponder at all times in your hearts how ye were created. Since We have created you all from one same substance it is incumbent on you to be even as one soul. . .’”.
“Yes, Captain Cristobal, that is what One recalled.” He turned to the Mullah and said, “One believes that your Prophet, Who should be praised, also said much the same. One is a humble student of the religion of both species, since One believes that there was but a single Creator.”
The Mullah nodded his head thoughtfully; “It would please me greatly if you might visit my Mosque, honored Pa’oli Anahl. It seems that in an age where we can reach out our hands, and embrace more and more of Allah’s Creation we see more and more how we all are His creatures, whatever our form might be.”
     The Pa’oli’s music was rich and grand. “Yes, One will certainly do so, if the demands of the service allow.”

(The Pa'oli are a species which only becomes truly sapient when bonded in mated pairs.)

Tim Nolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Scott,

>  to announce the publication of a novel I have written, with some references and quotes from the Baha`i faith tucked away within the story, <

Since it contains quotes and references about the Faith, did you have to get
approval from the Baha'i review committee where you live?  I am interested because I also would like to write, so I want to understand the rules.  Rob Stockman has written something about this, for the U.S., but I don't have his notes.

Tim

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu

As human beings, we are endowed with freedom of choice, and we cannot shuffle off our responsibility upon the shoulders of God or nature. We must shoulder it ourselves. It is our responsibility.
Arnold J. Toynbee
__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu

Checked by AVG Free Edition.