David,

  Given what Abdu'l Baha says about the Universal House of Justice in His Will
and Testament,  the best way to understand their statements, in my view, is to
begin from the assumption that they are protected from error and guided by
Baha'u'llah and the Bab.
  It is inconceivable that they would ever contradict what Shoghi Effendi wrote.

  If something looks to me like a contradiction, it isn't really.  It's only my
lack of understanding.  The Universal House of Justice is the source of all
good and freed from all error; whatever they decide is the truth and the
purpose of God Himself.
  It is impossible that they would ever lead us astray.

  I suggest beginning your thinking from that foundation.

  Tim Nolan

---------------------------------
Bored stiff? Loosen up...

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.