> I think this gets to the heart of the matter. Since
> I believe things like you express above, Sen, am I a bad Bah'ai (at
> least in the eyes of influential and powerful people in the Baha'i
> community?)  Are my beliefs acceptable? Or must I believe more like I
> think most Baha'is these days do (triumphalist, Baha'i superseding and
> replacing all other religions, etc.)

If you, like me, were to fall in this snare,
you would surely be totally inebriated by this wine and cup.
We are lovers, drunkards and debauchers, setting the world on fire
Do not sit with us, lest you get a bad name.
 -- Hafez

But then, wherever you sit, there will always be some who look down
their mighty noses.

Be thou of the people of hell-fire,
but be not a hypocrite.
Be thou an unbeliever,
but be not a plotter.
Make thy home in taverns,
but tread not the path of the mischief-maker.
Fear thou God,
but not the priest.
Give to the executioner thy head,
but not thy heart.
Let thine abode be under the stone,
but seek not the shelter of the cleric.
 -- Baha'u'llah

Never mind what the influential people say: what would the Master
say, how would he judge? I cannot say that anyone is good or bad,
"the good deeds of the righteous are the sins of the Near Ones."
(Some Answered Questions, p. 126).

Sen

Sen McGlinn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  ***
When, however, thou dost contemplate the innermost essence of things,
                 and the individuality of each,
         thou wilt behold the signs of thy Lord's mercy . . ."

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto
("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is
intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or
entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state
privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately
notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this
e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.