*"1. weak atheism: an absence of belief regarding gods and goddesses (as
among most Buddhists)."*

*"7. weak theism: a position which accepts the intervention of one or more
gods or goddesses, but which does not require theistic explanations of
everything, e.g., biological origins. This view is probably closest to my
own. Thus, I accept evolution, not theistic evolution.*"

That seems to describe my current understanding of how the universe works.
I've been getting out of the habit of praying for something supernatural to
intervene in my life and other human affairs, and just be glad for the good
things that happen and try to cope with the bad things that happen, and work
to change things for the better. If those efforts are rewarded by positive
results, then that is fantastic. But if they are not, then at least I can
say I tried. I won't have to fight the urge to be angry at some god for not
fulfilling my life's mission, nor will I have to feel as if it is time to
get religious because someone threw me a bone. I do, however, accept the
proposition that sometimes supernatural occurrences do happen. But I don't
chalk it up to a theory in which a deity is on the particular 'side' of any
one group of people, and is working 'through' them for Its success in this
world. I guess my current way of viewing spirituality is one in which it is
possible for people to 'align' themselves to be in 'harmony' with the
universe, and that gives people a possibility (not a definite 'yes') to
attract what they want and need into their lives. It is apathetic toward
which 'god' is 'the right god', because every group of people thinks when
they pray to their god, their prayers are answered. So, how is only one
'god' true, when all people claim their prayers are being answered by
separate and conflicting ideologies? That is why I now think that it has
nothing to do with believing in the 'right god', but about aligning one's
self into harmony with the universe....Or it's just a coincidence and the
atheists are right. :-)