The Baha'i Studies Listserv

On Jun 14, 2009, at 4:32 37AM, David Friedman wrote:

> I'm interested in what exactly the House of Justice considers
> private information.  Recently the subject of Sen being disenrolled
> came up, and Susan suggested someone to write to the House if they
> wanted clarification about the reasons.  This must mean that the
> House would be willing to share the information.

Don't expect much.  The House of Justice has responded to questions
as to whether a specific incident or activity was the cause of a
person's disenrollment.  In every case I'm aware of, the answer has
been, "No."

As Sen has posted on several lists, the reason he was dis-enrolled is
the same as everybody else - "a pattern of activity" that showed he
"failed to meet the requirements for membership in the Baha'i
Faith."  You might get them to state this as the reason, but I have
never seen them volunteer any further information.

There are a number of us who can provide what **we** think are
incidents that are part of that pattern, but we really don't know for
sure what the activities the House of Justice was thinking of and I
don't see that it is of any value to speculate.

Shoghi Effendi gave the qualifications for membership in BA pg 90 as -
Full recognition of the station of the Forerunner, the Author, and
the True Exemplar of the Baha'i Cause, as set forth in Abdu'l-Baha's
Testament; unreserved acceptance of, and submission to, whatsoever
has been revealed by their Pen;
loyal and steadfast adherence to every clause of our Beloved's sacred
Will;
and close association with the spirit as well as the form of the
present day Baha'i administration throughout the world-
these I conceive to be the fundamental and primary considerations
that must be fairly, discreetly and thoughtfully ascertained before
reaching such a vital decision.

I think the most we can say is that the House of Justice has decided
that Sen does not meet these standards, and that the reason for their
decision is a pattern of behavior on his part.  Everything else is
needless and useless speculation.

Don C

Understood properly, all man's problems are essentially spiritual in
nature.