The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Dear Friends,

A Baha'i in our area (Geneva, NY) is trying to find the meaning of some
calligraphy he has in his possession. Alas, I cannot get a picture of this
calligraphy to attach to this note. The purpose of this note is to ask if
anyone would be willing to permit me to send a WORD copy or .jpg of this
calligraphy to them. A Persian Baha'i thought he could read 'Abdu'l-Baha's name
on it but wasn't sure. A Palestinian friend of a Baha'i I asked came up with
the following:

1. It was written by a Persian.
2. It was probably done very recently, because of what it says and how it says
it.
3. It is in Persian, though all the words are Arabic.
4. It says (using Shoghi Effendi's transliteration scheme)
bayt-i-'adl-i-'a'zam-i-'ilahi   which translates as "The divine Universal House
of Justice" (literally: house of justice of greatest of divine).
5. In regular Persian, it is something like   بيت العدل الأعظم إلهي   The
vowels may be wrong.
If anyone is interested in looking at this, you can email me at
lmarq...@rochester.rr.com

Thank you,
Larry