The Baha'i Studies Listserv

I think Professor `abdu'l-Kareem Soroosh who used to be the pride and joy of
the Islamic Republic of Iran from its inception as the master theoretician,
scholar, and theologian philosopher for the theocracy of her wilayat-e faqih
(rule by the supreme jurist), and who is now a visiting scholar or something
somewhere in the United States (maybe Washington, D.C.) is now regarded as a
heretic and blasphemer or apostate or something like that by the hard line
clerics for putting forth similar thoughts about the Quran and the Prophet
Muhammad now. There are extensive and well articulated missives by him
defending his position and refuting his opponents.

I'd like to thank Susan and Khazeh for their illuminating posts.

Best regards,

Iskandar