The Baha'i Studies Listserv
As-salaam ‘alayka wa rah.matuhu wa barakatuhuu too

Thank you for your gentle politeness

Allaah subhaanahuu knows all things

For over 55 years I have been brought up with the love and knowledge of the
Holy Quran and the hadith from both the major branches. I have read the Holy
Qur’an and memorized it.

Even now I am listening to the beautiful recitation of the Book in the voice
of Abdul Baaset Abdus Samad the verse that says REMIND THEM OF THE DAYS OF
GOD.

The words of Allaah penetrate the innermost core of my existence.

Hopefully to my last breath and last PQRST wave on the EKG.

But I think of myself as a believer in the BAB and BAHA’U’LLAH as well and I
revere and uphold their Covenants.

What happens in my psyche I suppose is that there occurs an instantaneous
commingling of truths and realities.

When the reciter reads the verses of the DAYS OF GOD from sura Ibraheem as I
am typing this after midnight, immediately I am reminded of these DAYS
referring to this DAY, the DAY of God’s Manifestation [z.uhuur] in His
Maz.har [Baha’u’llah]. And sometimes when I share these realities which
cohere into one reality [I mean the verities of the holy Books] confluencing
into one truth, I get into trouble. But the mental challenges we face in our
daily life is nothing as those experienced in the Middle East.

The most important thing is constantly earnestly SEIZE the moment and obey
the Qur’anic COMMAND that whenever THE NABA’ or a NABA’comes to you,
FA-TABAYYANUU [ i.e. rise immediately to find out, to clarify, to elucidate
the issues relating to it.

[and for the same reason I have immersed myself in the Christian  Bible
too].

O ye who believe! If a wicked person comes to you with any news
[announcement], ascertain the truth, lest ye harm people unwittingly, and
afterwards become full of repentance for what ye have done. Sura 49

And as to the subject of sufferings after rejection by humankind after a
divine Envoy I could share this.

The HOLY QUR’AN SAYS God will not punish them if they beg for forgiveness
8:33

wama kana Allahu muAAaththibahum wahum yastaghfiroona

But please note

17:15

wama kunna muAAaththibeena hatta nabAAatha rasoolan

We do not punish [any community] until We have sent [it] a Messenger.

And what is being recited now into my ear

Walaqad arsalna moosa bi-ayatina an akhrij qawmaka mina alththulumati ila
alnnoori wathakkirhum bi-ayyami Allahi inna fee thalika laayatin likulli
sabbarin shakoorin

14:5 We sent Moses with Our signs (and the command). "Bring out thy people
from the depths of darkness into light, and teach them to remember the Days
of God." Verily in this there are Signs for such as are firmly patient and
constant,- grateful and appreciative.

Your servant and colleague in our search

khazeh