The Baha'i Studies Listserv
> Actually, there' s problem with the vagueness of the term 'orientation.'

Indeed there is. Note, for example, the emerging usage of "affectional
orientation" among some circles (just as a testament to how complicated the
idea of "sexuality" is really becoming):

*Affectional orientation* (or *romantic orientation*) is used both
alternatively and side-by-side with sexual
orientation<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation>
. It is based on the perspective that sexual attraction is but a single
component of a larger dynamic. To holders of this view, one's orientation
is defined by whom one is predisposed to fall in love with, whether or not
one desires that person sexually. Lately, the predominant use of the term
"sexual orientation" is considered to reduce a whole category of desires
and emotions, as well as power and connection, to sex.

...some asexuals who identify as straight, gay, lesbian, or bi before
asexual, or simply prefer that terminology, will sometimes refer to
themselves as "straight asexual" or "asexual lesbian". This simply means
the same thing as a "heteroromantic asexual" or a "homoromantic asexual."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affectional_orientation