active, and eat healthy, their is a better chance they will practice the
same habits -- Simply because children love routines and they love to
immitate their parents/guardians.

Posted by incognito_mosquito69 on Sun, Sep 10, 2006, 5:03 pm PDT

#1 and #2, I suggest feeding them healthy things and encouranging them to be
more active. You can easily trick them into thinking they are just playing
instead of exercising. I don't reccommend dieting because I think that will
make the situation worse and I aslo don't suggest telling them they are fat.
With healthy eating and activities, as they grow taller the weight will come
off.

Posted by mikelinep on Mon, Sep 11, 2006, 6:23 am PDT

 have been down this road with my child. He was only about 10 lbs
overweight, but I felt the need to stop him before it got out of hand. We
have an eating scedule now with NO EXCEPTIONS. 8am 12noon 4pm 6pm and 8pm.
It is working!! I suggest healthy snacks...cups of applesauce, 100 calorie
pudding cups, fruit, cheese stix & peanut butter sandwiches. There are many
choices out there and our kids cannot make the right choices on their own.
It is our duty to keep them healthy and it is our fault if they are
not.Posted by fly_grl78 on Thu, Sep 14, 2006, 1:24 pm PDT