Thanks berat. Oh mesti booking jauh2 hari. Gigi Nayma udah 'jigongan' sih,
semua makanan dah dimaem, susah pula gosok gigi, mesti 'dipaksa' dipegangin.
Udah dirayu2, malah mingkep, terus dipaksa lagi malah bilang, "gak mau, gak
mau..." ya udah 'dipegangin' deh badannya.

Kata artikel itu sih sebaiknya iya....ini juga lagi pengen nyoba, gara2
papanya Nayma kemarin komen, "kayaknya mesti dibawa ke dr gigi deh...", ya
saya cari deh artikelnya eh dapet, nih saya copy paste ya.

Gigi suamiku jelek, gigiku juga jelek, jadi jangn sampai gigi Nayma juga
jelek...:(.
sumber:http://www.drmeckler.com/faq.asp

*What should I use to clean my baby's teeth? *
A toothbrush will remove plaque bacteria that can lead to decay. Any
soft-bristled toothbrush with a small head, preferably one designed
specifically for infants, should be used at least once a day at bedtime.

*When should I take my child to the dentist for the first check-up?* In
order to prevent dental problems, your child should see a pediatric dentist
when the first tooth appears, or no later than his/her first birthday.

*What is the difference between a pediatric dentist and a family
dentist?*Pediatric dentists are the pediatricians of dentistry. A
pediatric dentist
has two to three years of specialty training following dental school and
limits his/her practice to treating children only. Pediatric dentists are
primary and specialty oral care providers for infants and children through
adolescence, including those with special health needs.

*Are baby teeth really that important to my child? *
Primary, or "baby," teeth are important for many reasons. Not only do they
help children speak clearly and chew naturally, they also aid in forming a
path that permanent teeth can follow when they are ready to erupt.

*What should I do if my child has a toothache?*
First, rinse the irritated area with warm salt water and place a cold
compress on the face if it is swollen. Give the child acetaminophen for any
pain, rather than placing aspirin on the teeth or gums. Finally, see a
dentist as soon as possible.

*Are thumbsucking and pacifier habits harmful for a child's teeth? *Thumb
and pacifier sucking habits will generally only become a problem if they go
on for a very long period of time. Most children stop these habits on their
own, but if they are still sucking their thumbs or fingers when the
permanent teeth arrive, a mouth appliance may be recommended by your
pediatric dentist.

*How can I prevent decay caused by nursing? *
Avoid nursing children to sleep or putting anything other than water in
their bedtime bottle. Also, learn the proper way to brush and floss your
child's teeth. Take your child to a pediatric dentist regularly to have
his/her teeth and gums checked. The first dental visit should be scheduled
by your child's first birthday.

*How often does my child need to see the pediatric dentist? *
A check-up every six months is recommended in order prevent cavities and
other dental problems. However, your pediatric dentist can tell you when and
how often your child should visit based on their personal oral health.

*Toothpaste: when should we begin using it and how much should we use?
*Fluoridated
toothpaste should be introduced when a child is 2-3 years of age. Prior to
that, parents should clean the child's teeth with water and a soft-bristled
toothbrush. When toothpaste is used after age 2-3, parents should supervise
brushing and make sure the child uses no more than a pea-sized amount on the
brush. Children should spit out and not swallow excess toothpaste after
brushing.

*How do I make my child's diet safe for his teeth?*
Make sure your child has a balanced diet, including one serving each of:
fruits and vegetables, breads and cereals, milk and dairy products, and
meat, fish and eggs. Limiting the servings of sugars and starches will also
aid in protecting your child's teeth from decay. You can also ask your
pediatric dentist to help you select foods that protect your children's
teeth.

*How do dental sealants work?*
Sealants work by filling in the crevasses on the chewing surfaces of the
teeth. This shuts out food particles that could get caught in the teeth,
causing cavities. The application is fast and comfortable and can
effectively protect teeth for many years.

*How do I know if my child is getting enough fluoride?*
Have your pediatric dentist evaluate the fluoride level of your child's
primary source of drinking water. If your child is not getting enough
fluoride internally through water (especially if the fluoride level is
deficient or if your child drinks bottled water without fluoride), then your
pediatric dentist may prescribe fluoride supplements.

*What can I do to protect my child's teeth during sporting events? *Soft
plastic mouthguards can be used to protect a child's teeth, lips, cheeks and
gums from sport related injuries. A custom-fitted mouthguard developed by a
pediatric dentist will protect your child from injuries to the teeth, face
and even provide protection from severe injuries to the head.

*What should I do if my child falls and knocks out a permanent tooth? *The
most important thing to do is to remain calm. Then find the tooth. Hold it
by the crown rather than the root and try to reinsert it in the socket. If
that is not possible, put the tooth in a glass of milk and take your child
and the glass immediately to the pediatric dentist.

*How safe are dental X-rays? *
There is very little risk in dental X-rays. Pediatric dentists are
especially careful to limit the amount of radiation to which children are
exposed. Lead aprons and high-speed film are used to ensure safety and
minimize the amount of radiation.

*How can parents help prevent tooth decay? *
Parents should take their children to the dentist regularly, beginning with
the eruption of the first tooth. Then, the dentist can recommend a specific
program of brushing, flossing, and other treatments for parents to supervise
and teach to their children. These home treatments, when added to regular
dental visits and a balanced diet, will help give your child a lifetime of
healthy habits.

*At what age should I bring my child to the pediatric dentist?*
Children should have the first dental visit within six months of the
eruption of the first baby tooth and no later than their first birthday.
This is so that an assessment and record can be made of your child's dental
development and risk of getting cavities. This also gives us the opportunity
to discuss good oral hygiene practices at home, diet, injury prevention and
possible need for fluoride supplements. If we find cavities or other
problems, these things can be taken care of early before they become a
bigger problem.

*My two-year-old child has a cavity in a tooth. Should the tooth be
filled?*Yes, it should be treated as soon as possible to avoid pain
and infection.

*Will I go into the treatment room with my child? *
This depends on the pediatric dentist, the parent, the child and the
situation. The decision on where the parent remains during the child's
treatment should be made by the pediatric dentist and the parent, and is
based on what is best for the child.

*When will my baby start getting teeth? *
Usually the two lower front teeth (central incisors) erupt at about six
months of age, followed shortly by the two upper central incisors. During
the next 18 to 24 months, the rest of the baby teeth appear, although not in
orderly sequence from front to back. All of these 20 primary teeth should be
present at two to three years of age.

*Is there anything I can do to comfort my baby while he is teething? *Some
children appear to be comforted during the normal eruption process by
chewing on a teething biscuit, a piece of toast, or a frozen teething ring.
Teething medications that can be rubbed on the gums to reduce the discomfort
are available at your pharmacy.

*Why do the permanent teeth look so much yellower than the baby
teeth?*Permanent teeth are normally yellower than primary teeth, but
they appear
even more so because you are comparing them with the lighter baby teeth
still in the mouth.

*My child has a double row of front teeth. Why is this and what should be
done about it?* This is not an uncommon occurrence. Sometimes the permanent
teeth begin to come in before the baby teeth are lost. When this happens,
unless the child can work the baby teeth out by himself within a few weeks,
the pediatric dentist may have to remove them. Once the baby tooth is out,
the tongue usually moves the permanent tooth forward into its proper
position, if space permits. If this crowded condition should occur in the
upper jaw, the baby teeth should be removed immediately. Sometimes it is
necessary for the pediatric dentist to move the permanent tooth forward with
an orthodontic appliance.

*Is it all right for my child to remove her own baby teeth when they become
loose? *Perfectly all right. As the tooth loosens, it is natural for a child
to assist the process, which may take several weeks.

*What about the big space between my eight-year-old's two upper front teeth?
* Usually there is no need for concern. The space can be expected to close
in the next few years as the other front teeth erupt. If there is a problem,
your pediatric dentist will recognize it.

*My child's baby teeth had a lot of decay. Does this mean that the permanent
will be just as bad? *Very probably, unless the cause can be determined and
proper preventive and corrective steps are taken.

*What causes nursing caries and baby bottle tooth decay?*
Though dairy products are considered one of the four basic food groups and
an important part of the diet, in one specific situation milk can be
responsible for causing a type of rampant decay. This decay process happens
when a child goes to sleep while breast-feeding and bottle-feeding. The milk
is collected on the roof of the mouth and tongue, and the upper front teeth
are bathed in it. During sleep, the flow of saliva is reduced and the
natural self-cleansing action of the mouth is diminished. The sugar content
of the stagnant collected milk is changed to acids, which cause
decalcification (softening) of the enamel, resulting in extensive decay
called "nursing caries".

*Why should the baby teeth be filled, since they will be lost anyway?* Even
though these primary teeth are called "baby teeth," some of them must serve
until the child is at least twelve years old, sometimes longer. Neglect of
the baby teeth can result in pain, infection of the gums and jaws,
impairment of general health, and premature loss of teeth, which is a major
cause of orthodontic problems. Also, cavities tend to form in teeth that are
next to other teeth with unfilled cavities, because decay is really an
infection and will spread if left untreated. It is unwise to leave active
decay in the mouth. Decay on baby teeth can cause decay on permanent teeth.
Unfortunately, most children with untreated decay on baby teeth will develop
decay on permanent teeth.

*When should I start cleaning my baby's teeth? *
You should start cleaning your baby's teeth as soon as the teeth come in,
because harmful plaque begins to form as soon as teeth erupt.

*Should I use an electric toothbrush on my child's teeth?*
Some children, and some adults, seem to do a more effective job of cleaning
the teeth with the aid of an electric toothbrush. It is often a matter of
patient preference, and the novelty of the electric toothbrush may even
motivate your child to brush more frequently. The pediatric dentist may
suggest an electric toothbrush for some children.

*What toothpaste is best for my child? *
A fluoridated toothpaste that is recognized by the American Dental
Association, as being effective in reducing tooth decay should be used.
Equally as important as the toothpaste is the thoroughness with which the
plaque is removed by brushing and flossing. Children aged three years and
younger should not use a fluoridated toothpaste; please select a
non-fluoridated infant toothpaste.

*Why is it necessary to take my child to the pediatric dentist every six
months? *The pediatric dentist will want to see your child at regular and
frequent intervals for several reasons. Regular visits keep the child
familiar with the pediatric dentist and his or her staff and encourage a
pleasant, confident attitude in the child regarding this necessary, life
long health practice. Also, as the child develops and grows, the pediatric
dentist will want to be certain that tooth eruption and proper jaw
development are progressing normally or, if not, that corrective measures
are undertaken in time. Appropriate preventive measures such as regular
applications of fluoride on the tooth surfaces, placement of pit and fissure
sealants on newly erupted teeth, and reinforcement of good daily health
practices (brushing, flossing, and dietary advice) can be continually
encouraged by the pediatric dentist and his or her staff when the child is a
regular and frequent visitor to the dental office. If decay or other dental
defect has occurred, it will be detected in the early stages when it is
easier and less costly to treat.

*What causes decay?*
Decay is caused by dental plaque, a thin, sticky, colorless deposit of
bacteria that constantly forms on everyone's teeth. When sugar is eaten, the
bacteria in plaque produce acids that attack the tooth enamel. After
repeated acid attacks, the enamel breaks down and a cavity (hole) is formed.

*Why is fluoride so important?*
Fluoride has been shown to dramatically decrease a person's chances of
getting cavities by making teeth stronger. Fluoride in the drinking water is
the best and easiest way to get it. Most major cities have fluoride in the
drinking water system. In communities where the water district does not
fluoridate the water, fluoride supplements should be given to your child
until their twelve-year molars are fully erupted (approximately age 12
years). Your pediatric dentist or pediatrician can help determine if your
child needs fluoride supplements or not.

*Should I worry about thumb or finger sucking?*
Thumbsucking is perfectly normal for infants; most children stop by age two.
If your child does not stop thumbsucking, discourage it by age four.
Prolonged thumbsucking can create crowded, crooked teeth and bite problems.
Your pediatric dentist will be glad to suggest ways to address a prolonged
thumbsucking habit.

*What is a sealant?*
A sealant is a clear or shaded plastic material that is applied to the
chewing surfaces of the back teeth (premolars and molars), where decay
occurs most often. This sealant acts as a barrier, protecting the decay
prone areas of the back teeth from plaque and acid.

On 12/28/07, melisa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lif,..
> Kalo langganan suamiku dr Fransisca Kumurur. Sebenernya bliau dokter gigi
> anak, tapi suamiku ngfans ama bliau karena sabaaaar banget he..he..he..
> Praktek cuman hari Jumat pagi aja, dan hrs booking 2 minggu sebelumnya.
>
> Belum pernah bawa Max ke dokter gigi juga. Emangnya perlu ya he..he..he..?
> Gak pernah ada masalah gigi soalnya.

Kirim email ke