From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 2:52 PM
Subject: TAMBAHAN BERITA: [bsd-society] DON'T MISS OUT ON INDONESIA'S FIRST
STREET RACE - A1GP LIPPO VILLAGE, INDONESIA 6-8 FEBRUARY 2009
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

KARAWACI CIRCUIT ON TRACK
AHEAD OF FIA INSPECTION

A1GP/Wimbo Satwiko
Jakarta Globe, Thursday, December 11, 2008

Construction of the Lippo Village street circuit is in progress, and
delegates from the International Automobile Federation, or FIA, will carry
out an initial check of the course before the end of the year, a senior
executive at Lippo Karawaci said on Wednesday.

The A1 Grand Prix Indonesia, the fifth race of the season, is scheduled for
Feb. 6 to 8, 2009, on a 3.2-kilometer street circuit in Tangerang, Banten
Province.

Gordon Benton said that the FIA would check the course before Christmas.
"They cancelled their December 12 check," he said. "We will have the FIA
coming down to do initial check before the end of the year. And, ofcourse,
once the whole track is finished, everything will come to a final check."

Benton said progress on the track, a project that got underway three months
ago, was going very well, but that there had been a slight problem with the
construction of the pit.

The developer, meanwhile, has problems beyond the track.

Race teams need a garage, which has yet to be built. The garage building
was supposed to be a two-story structure with a hospitality room on the
second floor. To conserve time the garage has been replanned as a
single-story structure with the hospitality unit slated as a temporary
structure away from the garage. With about 24,000 spectators expected for
the race and only 5,000 parking spaces available around the circuit,
organizers will urge race fans to take shuttle buses to the venue.

To avoid massive traffic jams around Karawaci, organizers will put in place
a traffic managment plan. Rano Karno, the deputy district head in
Tangerang, offered the full cooperation of his staff in issuing permits and
managing traffic.

"This event is the best opportunity to introduce our region to the world,"
Rano said. "We will support the organizers... and I hope we can have good
cooperation in order to have a successful event."

Though A1 Grand Prix has raced in Indonesia twice before - at Sentul
Circuit in West Java Province in 2006 and 2007 - the upcoming race will be
the first event for the Lippo Village street circuit.

Benton said this was a new experience for everyone, one which he hopes will
bring popularity to the sport and spotlight Indonesia as a viable stop for
race organizers.

"We really want people to see this as a project for Indonesia," he said.
"We want to open the shop window to show Indonesia on the world stage.
Doing a successful even in a beautiful circumstances, well organized and so
on. We want people to say, 'Wow! We didn't think Indonesia was like this.'
We want the world sporting public to see the beautiful face of Indonesia."

Save our trees - don't print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary.

-------------------------

2008/12/9 Rosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Dear parents,
>
> ada yang punya no telp sirkuit sentul?
> atau kalau sekalian ada yang punya jadwal racing di bulan desember ini?
> Selintas pernah baca, akan ada balap mobilnya honda minggu depan. Tapi
> kok, nyari di internet gak nemu,ya?
>
> anakku lagi pengen nonton balap live soale...:)
>
> ma kasih banyak buat bantuannya,yaa....
>

> <deleted>

Kirim email ke