jgn dulu sd umur 2 tahun

*Ini ada artikel ttg madu dan botulism dr mayoclinic.com
*

Uci mamaKavin

Dari : www.mayoclinic.com

Honey: Why isn't it safe for infants?

I've heard that you shouldn't give honey to infants. Why?

No name / No state given

Never give honey to infants younger than 1 year. Honey is a known source of
bacterial spores that produce the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This
bacterium makes a toxin that can cause infant botulism. This rare but
serious form of food poisoning affects a baby's nervous system and can
result in death. Unlike adults, infants haven't developed beneficial
bacteria in their digestive tracts that can control botulism spores and
prevent growth of the bacterium and production of its toxin.

Signs and symptoms of infant botulism include:

Persistent constipation

Floppy arms, legs and neck

Weak cry due to muscle weakness

Weak sucking and poor feeding

Tired all the time (lethargy)

Botulism spores are also found in uncooked food. For this reason, feeding

an infant any undercooked food is risky as well.

=================================

Botulism

What is botulism?

No name / No state given

Botulism is caused by toxins made by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.

The toxin causes muscle paralysis and is among the most lethal substances
known. The disease can cause death within 24 hours by paralyzing muscles
used in breathing.

You can get botulism by eating improperly canned foods or fish that are
contaminated with these naturally occurring bacteria or their toxin.

Botulism toxin potentially could be used as a biological weapon by
contaminating food supplies.

Rarely, bacteria that produce botulism may also occur in spore form in
contaminated soil. In this case, botulism-causing bacteria could spread by
eating fruits and vegetables not properly cleaned before cooking or
preserving. Infection can also occur through a contaminated wound.

Botulism usually develops between 12 and 36 hours after ingesting the
toxin. Signs and symptoms of food-borne botulism include:

Abdominal cramps

Nausea

Vomiting

Diarrhea

Double vision

Drooping eyelids

Dry mouth

Slurred speech

Difficulty swallowing

Muscle weakness and eventually paralysis that starts at the top of your
body and moves downward

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and some state  health
departments keep a supply of antitoxin against botulinum toxin. Treatment
includes taking the antitoxin and possibly using a ventilator for breathing
until the toxin works its way out of your system. If you have the bacteria
that produces the toxin in a wound, treatment includes cleaning the wound
and taking antibiotics.

An experimental botulism vaccine exists, but because the disease is rare,
experts don't recommend immunization. In the United States, about 25 cases
of food-borne botulism are reported each year.

2012/3/5 <jessie111...@yahoo.com>

> Moms setau sy madu blh diksh umur 1taonan.
>
> Jessica - Moms 4 Evan, Abel, Julia n Jeremy
> FB : Jewel Kiddies - Sell Clothes 4 Babies n Kiddies
> Email : jewelkids...@hotmail.com
> Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Sinyal Bagus XL, Nyambung
> Teruuusss...!

Kirim email ke