----- Original Message -----
From: ERIK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: balita-anda@balita-anda.com
Subject: [OT] The modern rules of advertising?
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:10:50 +0700

> The modern rules of advertising?
> AD BREAKDOWN
> The Magazine's review of advertising
>
> Men are tired of their portrayal in advertising, according
> to a new book by Michael Buerk. But images of men behaving
> stupidly is not the only cliche which irritates writer John
> Camm.
>
> Dad in muddy boots walking blithely across a kitchen floor
> just cleaned by an exasperated mum who just gives a
> frustrated but loving smile to her giggly children, who cry
> out: "Da-a-ad!".
>
> Just one advertising cliche, and just one where no-one
> behaves like people really do.
>
> It's the kind of thing which irritates John Camm. "It's
> tiresome to see male characters in adverts who don't
> resemble anyone you know," he says. "But what's perhaps
> worse is the absolute reliance of advertising on its own
> regurgitated cliches."
>
> He has drawn up a list of seemingly unwritten rules which,
> he concludes, might as well be the Advertising Bible. Add
> your views to his list at the foot of the page.
>
> 1. Men are obsessed with sex but will forego sex in order to
>     watch football or drink beer.

Not happen at ikhwan, since no time for football or drink beer.

> 2. Women are locked in a constant battle with their weight/
>     body shape/hairstyle.

Some were not at weight, some were not at hairstyle n some were not at ody
shape. m at one of these three [can guess what?]

> 3. Career success is entirely based on your ability to
>     impress your boss.

For me? U totally rite

> 4. Mums are often harassed but NEVER depressed/unable to
>     cope.

Mmmmmmmmmmhhhh

> 5. Any act of male stupidity (e.g. walking across a clean
>     floor in muddy boots, putting the dog in the dishwasher,
>     etc.) will be met with a wry smile, not genuine annoyance
>     /anger.

So my husband alike

> 6. Married men will flirt with other, younger women but
>     NEVER act upon it.

Really?????? Wish this is my hubby's type

> 7. Anyone with a scientific career will have a bad haircut
>     and dreadful clothes.

Not 4 Intan Dima, DSA SpPA

> 8. If you work for the emergency services, you are a better
>     person than the general population.

Yup....but not 4 suster plus!!!!

> 9. Elderly relatives NEVER suffer from senile dementia.

out of idea

> 10. Scandinavians are, without exception, blonde and
>      beautiful.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..is it me????

> 11. Women have jobs they never do in real life, e.g.
>      dockworker (who looks like a model).

smthing out of planets?

> 12. Children will not eat fruit or vegetables. Ever.

Zalwa gak lha yauwwwwwww

> 13. Both men and women find driving deeply pleasurable,
>      never boring or stressful.

Not 4 me & hubby...gak punya boil seh

> 14. Men are inherently lazy/slobbish; women are the reverse.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, is it u?????

Yap!!!Then brows my www.indocoklat.com ...xixixixi

> 16. High Street bank staff are (A) friends of the customers,
>      and (B) of slightly above-average attractiveness (only
>      if female).

No idea

> 17. Modern men own a cat.

The Persian One, yea, u rite...n wit the red roll-royce...hmmm, u totally rite

> 18. Hot beverages have miraculous rejuvenating effects.

Yg ini gak nyangkut dink

> 19. Professional people have strangely trivial
>      preoccupations, e.g. a female barrister who is morbidly
>      obsessed with finding a healthy snack bar.

waduh, kok banyak amir seh

> 20. All women (except stay-at-home housewives) have
>      interesting and enjoyable careers.

Yeee, sapa bilang...cb tanya Helvy Tiana Rosa...she has the most enjoyable
careers

> 21. Any over-the-counter medical product will work instantly
>      and 100% effectively.

Dah mulai capek neh ngetiknya

> 22. Children know more than adults.

dah dibuktiin CDC gak??? ntar gak valid lagi dah

> 23. Women never merely hop in and out of the shower, instead
>      preferring to act out some sort of soapy Dance of the
>      Seven Veils.

waduh, msh tiga neh

> 24. School is a happy experience for all children.

Hueks...play group only, could be

> 25. Tortilla chips are the most exciting experience any
>      group of young people can experience.

Any CDC supporting data??? is it valid???

> 26. Playing bingo is THE number one pastime among 18-25 year
>      old British women.

Yeah, n we, here, Indonesian old womens, busy of babies
stufff....hrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh