Pak Agung,
Artikel yang bapak baksud tidak saya temukan, namun
saya dapatkan artikel ini. Menurut saya musik
memberikan suasana tenang pada bayi prematur, sehingga
aliran darahnya lancar dan detak jantung nya teratur,
sehingga perkembangan organ tubuhnya menjadi baik.
Selain mendengarkan musik, jangan lupa untuk selalu
mengajak bicara bayi, paling baik adalah suara ibunya,
karena suara ini sudah dia kenal sejak dalam kandungan
sehingga membuat bayi tenang dan merasa terikat.
Selain itu juga perlu pemijatan dengan teratur, semua
bayi butuh sentuhan kasih sayang, dengan sering
mendapat pijatan lembut dari ibu atau suster yang
menjaga mereka akan lebih struggle untuk bertahan
hidup dan tumbuh.
Dmeikian dari saya, semoga membantu.

Mamanya Dafi

Music and Your Baby (Newborn to 1 Year)
by S. Jhoanna Robledo

Can listening to music benefit my child?
Definitely. Think about how music affects you — how an
upbeat tune fends off the blues and soft music helps
you fall asleep. Your baby is no different. Lullabies
have a proven track record for soothing infants — ask
any parent who has resorted to singing them when the
baby wakes up at two in the morning. "I remember
rocking my son to sleep to the tune of 'Snuggle Up,' "
says Rich Ham-Kucharski of Canton, Michigan, father of
7-month-old Alex. "When we didn't play music, he would
fight sleep."
Music may even help strengthen premature babies.
Researchers from Brigham Young University studied the
effects of music on 33 premature infants in the
neonatal intensive care unit at Utah Valley Regional
Medical Center in Provo. Cassette players piped voices
of men and women singing lullabies into each
baby's isolette for 40 minutes a day for four days.
When doctors examined the babies on the fourth day,
they found that babies who were exposed to music
gained more weight, and had lower blood pressure and a
stronger heartbeat.
Music can benefit you, too. It has the power to lift
your spirits, soothe your frayed nerves, and move you
to dance. And music helps with bonding. Imagine the
joy
you'll share with your child when you sway to the beat
of a lovely melody (try Stevie Wonder's "You Are the
Sunshine of My Life"). Or how soothing it will be for
you and your baby when you sing him a lilting lullaby
("Hush Little Baby" is always a winner).

Can music make my baby smarter?
The jury's still out on this question because not much
research is available. Some experts claim that
learning to play an instrument makes kids smarter in
math, but that conclusion is based on research that
focused on older children, not babies and young
toddlers. For instance, one study found that piano
lessons may enhance children's spatial reasoning
skills (the ability to understand three-dimensional
space), but experts tested only 3- and 4-year-olds.
Babies seem to be able to tell a melody from speech,
even if they aren't sophisticated enough to know
anything about music. For example, Norman Weinberger,
a cognitive sciences and psychology professor at the
University of California at Irvine, says in one study,
babies as young as 4 months old seemed to know when
researchers played the "Happy Birthday" song
incorrectly.

What are the best ways to make music a part of my
child's life?

• Instead of the television, make the stereo, or a
musical instrument, the most important fixture in
your home. "You're sowing a seed," says Rosalie Pratt,
a professor of music medicine at Brigham Young
University. Dance around with your baby to a jazzy
tune, and snuggle in for a love song. Think of your
family's daily life as a movie that needs a
soundtrack. Having songs playing all the time will
help cultivate
your child's interest in music, she explains, so that
as he grows, he'll have an ear for it.

• Play music at bedtime. Associate specific songs with
the end of the day to train your child to sleep. Keep
the sound and tempo slow, and the room darkened. But
avoid putting on a go-to-sleep tape and leaving the
room so your baby can fall asleep to it. "When the
songs end, your baby may wake up and need you to come
in to start the music up again," says Dr. Jodi
Mindell, a Philadelphia pediatric sleep expert and
author of Sleeping Through the Night: How Infants,
Toddlers, and Their Parents Can Get a Good Night's
Sleep. Instead, play a few songs for your child then
turn the tape or CD player off before he falls asleep.

• Sing to your baby. Don't worry about how you sound —
your child won't critique your technique and will
love the effort and attention. Your renditions
shouldn't be limited to lullabies — sing songs during
playtime, too. Stack a tower of blocks and knock it
down as you croon "London Bridge." Even a simple game
of peekaboo can become musical theater when you sing
the words out loud. Make funny faces and gestures to
keep your child engaged.

• Let your child make his own music. Your child may
also enjoy banging on a drum, piano, or xylophone, but
only for the fun of it at this age. Children don't
benefit from playing an instrument until they're at
least 3 years old. That's when brain circuits for
music training begin to mature. Is there a type of
music that's best for a child?  Let your personal
preferences be your guide. If you like classical music
and your baby appears to enjoy it too, go with that.
Play your favorite songs (schmaltzy or not), or spice
things up with Brazilian or African tunes. Anything
with a good melody will do, although slow songs may
work best for bedtime and fast ones for playtime.

You may want to stay away from head-banging rock,
grunge music, or rap. Animal studies show that
constant exposure to chaotic, discordant music alters
the brain's structure, says Dr. Pratt. Even plants
seem to abhor this type of music. Pratt says ivy
growing on a home where classical music was played all
day long flourished better than that on houses where
occupants blasted hard rock. When it comes to playing
tunes for your kids, think cheerful and simple.

The bottom line
Your goal should be to cultivate a love for music in
your child, not to create the next Mozart. It should
be
about having fun and exposing your child to new sounds
and rhythms. Take your cues from your baby. Does he
seem to enjoy what you play for him? Does he become
animated when you belt out a certain tune? Follow his
lead, and chances are you'll raise a music lover for
life.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Netters yth,
>
> Mungkin ada yang bisa bantu. Saya butuh info
> mengenai pengaruh musik klasik
> terhadap perkembangan bayi terutama bayi yang
> dilahirkan prematur.  Saya
> baru dapet sedikit dari Ayahbunda edisi terbaru,
> kalo ada artikel lain yang
> mendukung akan sangat membantu.
>
> Musik klasik menurut penelitian yang dilakukan di
> Jerman memiliki peranan
> penting dalam memperjuangkan dan mempertahankan
> kehidupan bayi prematur
> yang
> dirawat dalam inkubator.
>
> Saya sangat membutuhkan informasi tsb, dan mohon
> bantuan dari netters
> sekalian.
> Terima kasih atas informasinya.
>
> Wassalam
>
> Agung Primamorista

Kunjungi: http://www.balita-anda.indoglobal.com
"Untuk mereka yang mendambakan anak balitanya tumbuh sehat & cerdas"

-= Dual T3 Webhosting on Dual Pentium III 450 - www.indoglobal.com =-
Etika berinternet, kirim email ke: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Berhenti berlangganan, e-mail ke:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMERGENCY ONLY! Jika kesulitan unsubscribe, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Panduan Menulis Email yang Efektif http://hhh.indoglobal.com/email/
http://pencarian-informasi.or.id/ - Solusi Pencarian Informasi di Internet

Kirim email ke