Comte du Pheasante,

I wish to express my gratitude for your gracious hospitality this past month. It is not often that Sylvia and myself are able to enjoy the conveniences of le Fleur, and our only regret is that our memories of the experiences are not clearer. However, I can confidently infer that we had a marvelous time.

I must make especial note of the novel refreshments that were provided: the cigars and the rum. Cigars are quite tricky to enjoy, apparently, but once I got the hand of it, most invigorating; Sylvia enjoys them even more, although I am too much of a gentleman to speculate as to why. The rum was much more to my taste, especially that 'Cli' rum (what an odd name). I hope you don't mind, but I took a bottle home with me as there was one left unopened at the end of the evening (perhaps because it somehow got hidden behind a potted plant next to an overstuffed chair). I also got the name of an agent who assures me he can acquire a regular supply from the islands.

However, a word of caution is in order: one should be careful not to drink rum and smoke a cigar while traveling through the less-well-paved streets of Paris. We were able to cut the horses free, and the driver only suffered a mild burn, but alas the coach itself was a total loss. Fortunately, <begin crossed out section> we had hired it under Marquis Zilvain's name <end crossed out section> it was fully insured.

So once again I thank you for a lovely evening.

Captain Yves Cherdlieu, King's Musketeers


--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Banana mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.humf.su.se/mailman/listinfo/banana

Reply via email to