As for the shoes I found this:  
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9407E2DF123CF933A25757C0A961958260
  
Apparently they intended it to look like flames.  No, I don't much buy 
that either, but in any case they have already recalled them all.  I 
have long boycotted Nike anyway because of their labor practices - as in 
outsourcing to slave labor overseas. 

As for Coca Cola... well, I can't read arabic, but considering that the 
logo comes from a Georgia (US) guy in 1885, and is perfect longhand - I 
think it's a bit of a stretch, but I also boycott coke and have for 
years.  Not for that reason, though, but because of unfair business 
practices overseas.

Anyway - that's the update.  The shoe thing is all finished thanks to 
CAIR and the coke thing.. to me, is questionable.  I don't even know 
what to say about the tank top!  That one threw me, too.. sheesh!  :-)

S. K. wrote:
>
>
> Shah N. Khan
> Editor http://www.netvert.biz
> http://www.mmawards.com
>
>
> --- On *Fri, 3/13/09, shoaib mukhtar /<[email protected]>/* wrote:
>
>
>     From: shoaib mukhtar <[email protected]>
>     Subject: An Eye Opening for Muslims
>     To: "(f)ALI(F)" <[email protected]>, "..........."
>     <[email protected]>, "Ajmal Abbasi" <[email protected]>,
>     "asma nadir" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]"
>     <[email protected]>, "ATIF YFP" <[email protected]>, "Ayesha
>     Ather" <[email protected]>, "BASIT BHAI"
>     <[email protected]>, "erum hussain"
>     <[email protected]>, [email protected], "gullo
>     lahoria" <[email protected]>, "HABIB bhai Chicken Cottage"
>     <[email protected]>, "Irfan" <[email protected]>,
>     [email protected], "[email protected]"
>     <[email protected]>, "Kamran Butt" <[email protected]>,
>     "mohammad butt" <[email protected]>, "MonSalwa Amir"
>     <[email protected]>, "Nasir" <[email protected]>,
>     [email protected], "Rizwan Labtech" <[email protected]>,
>     [email protected], "Shah N. Khan" <[email protected]>,
>     "ShEhNiLA" <[email protected]>, [email protected],
>     "SIRAJ URS" <[email protected]>,
>     [email protected], "Tanveer Riaz" <[email protected]>,
>     [email protected], "Times Consultants"
>     <[email protected]>, "shoaib mukhtar"
>     <[email protected]>
>     Date: Friday, March 13, 2009, 2:19 PM
>
>
>
>         * LA ILA HA ILLALLAH*
>      
>
>
>
>     *Assalamualaikum. *
>
>     *_FORWARDED AS A DUTY _*
>
>     _
>     _   
>     *Love our Prophet (P.B.U.H) then please never ever purchase Nike
>     products and also never drink Coca Cola.  Allah will sure bless
>     our deeds.  Lets be united now, if not then we will always be
>     defamed and abused this way. *
>
>     *I am one of the large numbers of Muslims who were hurt by Nike's
>     ad which shows Muslims prostrating to a woman in one of their
>     brand jeans. I will remind you of what the Company Nike did to
>     Muslims when they portray the name of Allah on one of their sports
>     shoes. The Result was that Malaysia , Indonesia and the Gulf
>     states including Saudi Arabia stopped importing Nike products. If
>     you look carefully you will find That it was after that incident
>     that Nike began to report earnings less than expected on the which
>     caused their Wall Streetstock price to tumble.. The stock price
>     has not Recovered yet.. Check it for yourselves. I am emailing
>     this letter to as many Muslims I Can.. Thank you for reading this
>     letter.
>     *
>


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to