So do I.  They do it here, too a bit.  They will help people - but then 
get them to come to church - and people will to get the help.  I guess 
it's okay if they want to do it - but it's messed up to make them feel 
pressured.

After I posted this I looked around and found no other mention of this 
'forced conversion'.  This was the only story that mentioned it - so I 
am thinking that it's the source - not the facts.  I am Muslim - and to 
my knowledge this isn't okay.  For one thing, if it isn't genuine - what 
good is it?  Muslim means 'submitter' (to God).  If you are forced... 
you aren't really submitting to God but your captors.  It just doesn't 
make any sense to me.  :-)  Anyone can recite the shahada but that 
doesn't make a Muslim IMHO.

liz allen wrote:
> I am not muslim. But, the one thing I thought the faith stood 
> for....was "it was against the Qoran to "convert". A person may ask to 
> be educated, provided information, attend meetings and that person 
> asks to become a follower. Unlike Christianity who often "trick" 
> people into following them!  In Iraq and Africa and elsewhere the 
> Christians would offer food, or health care to get people to come in, 
> then offer up the Bible in exchange for their support of Christianity. 
> I find that offensive.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* Linda G. Richard <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:29:10 PM
> *Subject:* [bangla-vision] TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big 
> News Stories, News Videos -
>
> This confuses me.  First - how do you /forcefully/ convert someone to 
> Islam?  If it isn't genuine... it doesn't seem like the person would 
> be converted.  Secondly, what a stupid thing to do.  It seems to me 
> that it's yet one more thing to make Muslims look really bad.  I 
> wasn't aware of John Solecki's being forced to do this - though I have 
> been following the story carefully.  Thirdly - why would they kidnap a 
> Muslim sister?  Isn't that un-Islamic?
>
> Anyway if anyone can answer or comment on the question of forced 
> conversions.. I'd be grateful.
>
> http://www.timesnow.tv/Newsdtls.aspx?NewsID=32673
>
>
>   'She wanted to learn about Jihad' 
>


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to